Machine used: Brother electronic standard gauge
(can be adapted for any machine)
Materials: Any red yarn, white yarn, and white felt for the paw "pads"
Tension: Whatever tension will give you the correct measurements, but measurement is not critical
Size: One Size Fits All
(adjust number of stitches based on gauge to fit your needs)
Method: Cut and Sew
- You can make this any size you want, depending on the size of the stocking stuffers you will be stuffing
it with. I chose a size of about 13" long, and about 14" at widest part of the foot (including the side "toes").
- Using red yarn, cast on enough stitches to get the piece as wide as you want.
- Knit until the piece is 2½" less than the finished length (ie 10½" long).
- Switch to white yarn and knit 2½" for the top band.
- Make another piece the same.
- Pin the 2 pieces together, (right sides together), and using chalk, draw the shape as in the diagram.
- Cut out circles of felt for the toe pads, and sew them to one of the pieces.
- Sew the 2 pieces together, around the shape (keeping the top band free).
- Turn the piece wrong sides together and sew up the top band.
- Fold the top band over to form a cuff.
- Fill the stocking with goodies for your special friend and surprise him/her on Christmas morning!
- COL = Carriage on Left
- COR = Carriage on Right
- T6 = tension dial set to 6
- K = knit
- R = right
- L = left
- L98 - R98 = place into work 98 sts to left of center and 98 sts to right of center
- sts = stitches (st = stitch)
- rws = rows (rw = row)
- ndls = needles (ndl = needle)
- inc = increase
- dec = decrease
- EON/EOR = Every Other Needle / Every Other Row